Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and a happy/sad dog movie too

First of all, Merry Christmas! Hope you had a day filled with love, family, and, of course, food.

My day consisted of sleeping in until 10 (a rare occurrence), a wonderful homemade breakfast (a nice break from the usual Pop-tart), stockings, gifts, a two hour nap, and then more food.

After we woke from our food coma and recovered from our sugar high and subsequent crash, my family decided to attend a movie. Now, movie-going is not a holiday tradition. Actually, I can't say I have ever been to a movie on Christmas before today. But we decided to venture out of our routine and see Marley and Me.

I 100% loved this movie. I will limit the reasons why to five.

  1. Previews - I saw the trailer for Bride Wars and She's Just Not That Into You. Both of which I cannot wait to see. However, Bride Wars comes out as I am flying to London, and SJNTIY comes out while I'm in London. Hopefully, the Brits will be equally excited to see these movies and I won't have to go alone.
  2. Jennifer Aniston - Not only do I absolutely adore Jen for just being her, but she is fantastic in this movie. I loved watching her portray a mother and it just made me want children for her so much. Seriously, John Mayer, put a ring on it and start making babies. Secondly, by seeing this movie, I did NOT see Brad Pitt's movie. Take that Angie.
  3. Script - Wit. Grief. Subtlty. Hope. Desire. Love. It has it all. The writing is fantastic. And I'm not talking about the ways the actors interpreted the script. I mean the actual words. Take away the emotion in the actor's voice, the background music, all the visual elements, and actual listen to the words. These words had meaning. I guess this is mainly because the script came from a book. Nonetheless, I appreciated it.
  4. Patrick, Connor, and Colleen - They are John and Jenny's three children. They are absolutely precious. That's all. I just thought they were adorable.
  5. Nate, Ben, and Joe - My brother and two cousins. Those three at Marley and Me = hilarious times ten. They didn't want to be there. Laughed at the sad parts. Made fun of me when I cried (through the entire movie). Ben also put a Twizzler in his water bottle and made a flavored drink. Joe sat in stoic silence, as usual. Nate tried to hid any emotion he felt. I loved every second of it.

All and all, a great Christmas.

No comments: