Do you ever have one of those days where you ask yourself, "Is this a joke? This day has to be a joke. Am I still asleep? Is this a dream?" Well, today was one of those days. Here is the run down.
7:29 am - Woke up :30 seconds before my alarm went off. That never happens. I didn't even hit snooze...even weirder.
8:55 am - I ran into an older Pi Phi who graduated last year. We bumped into each other at Earl's Court tube station as we were both going to work. I had totally forgot she was living in London. So nice to see a familiar face. But again...who runs into people they know at a tube station where there are 200 other people?
9:05 am - I board the tube and there are SIX pregnant women in my car. And they weren't even together. They were all sitting or standing seperately. The entire way to work I was just hoping no one went into labor.
1:00 pm - I head to McDonalds for lunch...by myself. Yeah, I don't really have any "lunch friends" at work yet. You should also know that it was pouring all day, so I was rocking my rain-boots with my dress pants. I walked into McDonalds, ordered my food and then went upstairs to find myself a table. There weren't any tables open so I stood awkwardly in the corner while I waited for someone to leave. Thankfully, a woman got up and left within a minute. I set my food on the table and as I set the tray down, my Coke fell over and onto the bench. I grabbed it just before the lid came off. I needed some napkins, so I went over to the little kiosk to grab some. As I am walking, I apparently missed to sign that said "Caution: Wet floor" and completely wiped out. This would have been fine, minus the table of three 16-year-old girls laughing at me. Excuse, why are you not in school? And secondly, why are you so mean? I gathered myself and my pride off the floor and sat back in my slightly sticky seat (from the Coke, remember?). There was a table in between another girl and me and she shot me an encouraging smile across the empty space. That helped a little. I pulled out my book and began to read and enjoy the quiet time. That didn't last long. Moments later, a seemingly homeless woman sat down at the empty table next to me. I didn't really pay attention to her until she starting singing along to "American Boy." By "singing along" I mean "loudly and sporatically screaming the words." After the song, she got up and started walking out. I guess the other girl sitting alone looked at her or something because the woman started screaming at her. Calling her an idiot and making fun of her blue eyeliner. The girl then said "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking at you." The woman continued to yell obscenities at her and then.... She threw her tray and coke at the girl. Seriously. She was out of her mind. I don't know what I would do if I was that girl. I was shaking and I didn't even get Coke thrown on me.
Rest of the day - Thankfully, nothing else too exciting happened. I had my fill today.
On a lighter note:
I need receipes. I'm really grossed out by what I have been eating - carbs, ready meals, carbs, carbs, and more carbs. All we eat is pasta and grilled cheese. So, I am pleading with everyone, please send me receipes. You can email me (MEWolfe@mizzou.edu) or you can put them on here or you can call me or send it via post, I don't care. I just really need some ideas for good, inexpensive, healthy food. (Bree and Mara, this is strongly directed towards you two. Help me out). Please and thank you.
Alright, time to go pack for Brussels.
Love.
7:29 am - Woke up :30 seconds before my alarm went off. That never happens. I didn't even hit snooze...even weirder.
8:55 am - I ran into an older Pi Phi who graduated last year. We bumped into each other at Earl's Court tube station as we were both going to work. I had totally forgot she was living in London. So nice to see a familiar face. But again...who runs into people they know at a tube station where there are 200 other people?
9:05 am - I board the tube and there are SIX pregnant women in my car. And they weren't even together. They were all sitting or standing seperately. The entire way to work I was just hoping no one went into labor.
1:00 pm - I head to McDonalds for lunch...by myself. Yeah, I don't really have any "lunch friends" at work yet. You should also know that it was pouring all day, so I was rocking my rain-boots with my dress pants. I walked into McDonalds, ordered my food and then went upstairs to find myself a table. There weren't any tables open so I stood awkwardly in the corner while I waited for someone to leave. Thankfully, a woman got up and left within a minute. I set my food on the table and as I set the tray down, my Coke fell over and onto the bench. I grabbed it just before the lid came off. I needed some napkins, so I went over to the little kiosk to grab some. As I am walking, I apparently missed to sign that said "Caution: Wet floor" and completely wiped out. This would have been fine, minus the table of three 16-year-old girls laughing at me. Excuse, why are you not in school? And secondly, why are you so mean? I gathered myself and my pride off the floor and sat back in my slightly sticky seat (from the Coke, remember?). There was a table in between another girl and me and she shot me an encouraging smile across the empty space. That helped a little. I pulled out my book and began to read and enjoy the quiet time. That didn't last long. Moments later, a seemingly homeless woman sat down at the empty table next to me. I didn't really pay attention to her until she starting singing along to "American Boy." By "singing along" I mean "loudly and sporatically screaming the words." After the song, she got up and started walking out. I guess the other girl sitting alone looked at her or something because the woman started screaming at her. Calling her an idiot and making fun of her blue eyeliner. The girl then said "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking at you." The woman continued to yell obscenities at her and then.... She threw her tray and coke at the girl. Seriously. She was out of her mind. I don't know what I would do if I was that girl. I was shaking and I didn't even get Coke thrown on me.
Rest of the day - Thankfully, nothing else too exciting happened. I had my fill today.
On a lighter note:
I need receipes. I'm really grossed out by what I have been eating - carbs, ready meals, carbs, carbs, and more carbs. All we eat is pasta and grilled cheese. So, I am pleading with everyone, please send me receipes. You can email me (MEWolfe@mizzou.edu) or you can put them on here or you can call me or send it via post, I don't care. I just really need some ideas for good, inexpensive, healthy food. (Bree and Mara, this is strongly directed towards you two. Help me out). Please and thank you.
Alright, time to go pack for Brussels.
Love.
1 comment:
i will think about food. but I have something else to say.
I think the benefit of reading your friend's blog while they're in London is getting to see London? I love reading your words and things, but, for real, give me some pictures lady. Not all of us here are as literate with words. Obey, or I will cheat on you with my hefty utility chin.
Post a Comment