Thursday, February 12, 2009

My "favourite" things

My good friend Mara informed me that she would like to see some pictures, and since it was her birthday yesterday I'll oblige. I guess she hasn't been on Facebook to see my five albums. Sidenote: At this point, Mara is calling me sassy. Well, this is for Mara and all those who can't see Facebook or don't have five hours to go through all the pictures. These are my favorite things so far.



Waffles! - We went to Brussels last weekend and I lived on waffles whilst there. Words cannot express how delicious they were. I'm craving as we speak.




Oxford - We went to Oxford for a field trip and got matching sweatshirts. We look like future PTA members. Weird.



Snow day - London was covered with snow and completely shut down. Hilarious. Everyone freaked out and no one knew how to deal with it. I loved it and took so many pictures. This is by far my favorite, not only for the beautiful background but the funny little people struggling through the snow.



Stonehenge - It really is breathtaking up close. Plus, it was sunny that day. Quite a rare occasion here in the UK.



Leo! - We stumbled onto the Revolutionary Road premiere and were mere feet from Leo. I think i'm in love.




Big Ben - The most photographed landmark in the UK. I helped add to that number with the 14 pictures I took of just Big Ben. No big deal.



Piccadilly Circus - This is in almost every single advertising textbook. It is amazing in person.



Well, there is a brief glimpse of what I've seen since I've been here.

I'm off to Barcelona tomorrow morning! Adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lou,

Just a few things to note:

1. I miss you like crazy
2. Glad you went for the gray Oxford sweatshirt - good choice
3. Pancakes are better than waffles, but whatver
4. Justin and I have a friend named "Big Ben"...actually he is a friend of a friend
5. Flights are cheap right now from KC to San Jose. Too bad you are in London.
6. I miss you like crazy
7. You are really photogenic, and I am jealous of how great you look in all your pictures
8. Are you sure you want to pursue a career in advertising? There's time for you to escape lifelong regret
9. I'm trying to think about some healthy recipes for you today. It would be much easier if you wanted to turn vegetarian (hint, hint)
10. It looks like you are having a blast, and I couldn't be happier

And you thought YOU were the sassy one...!?!?!?!

Love you, sister!
Al