Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Awanas: Paying off 10 years later

I am currently enrolled in one of the most fascinating classes ever - The Synoptic Gospels. Not only is my teacher a rock star, but the class is actually interesting. I know, right? Who would have thought a class would be fun to attend?

Well, I know there is at least one other person out there who agrees with me. And, apparently, they want to read all about it. I say this because today my textbooks decided to walk away. Isn't that special? Last time I read them, they hadn't grown legs yet, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say they had a little help disappearing.

At first I was angry, but hey, at least my little friend is reading about Jesus, right? And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the only silver lining I can find in this super situation. Do you want to know why?

Because there is a gigantic dark cumulonimbus cloud in the middle of this silver lining:

I have a test in that class tomorrow.

Therefore, I am currently sitting in the library attempting to remember all the information in the books. Thankfully, I already know the actual stories. Zaccheus was a wee little man, a wee little man was he.

So, Mom and Dad,

Thank you for making me go to Awanas and VBS. It seems that all that studying and Bible verse memorizing is paying off.

Love.

1 comment:

mcljames said...

Isn't the silver lining inside the cloud? Maybe the cloud is surrounding the silver lining? Either way, I'm glad you found it...the silver lining. :-) Love, Moo