Two major events have happened in the past 24 hours.
1) I met a conservative Brit. Yes, you read correctly. And no, I don’t mean conservative in British terms, I mean conservative in American terms. I know, shocking.
2) I am wearing high heels today. Normally, this wouldn’t be a big deal, because, lets face it, I love heels. BUT, I haven’t worn heels in 10 weeks, since Obama’s inauguration night to be exact. That’s because I was in such a hurry to make it to class on time that night and see the actual inauguration that I sprinted across half of London in heels. To make a long story short, I had to take a cab home from class because I couldn’t step on my left foot due to shooting pains in my metatarsal. I self-diagnosed myself with metatarsalgia and haven’t worn high heeled shoes since. Today I pulled them out of storage and thanks to Dr. Scholl’s Party Heel inserts, I am loving my shoes again.
Ok, those probably aren’t too exciting to any of you, but they were both fairly huge events in my day.
Well, I’m off to snack on a kiwi. Camilla, my co-worker taught me how to cut one open with a spoon and eat it kind of like a cantaloupe. Quite the nice little treat. Plus they are only 30 p each at Sainsbury's. Talk about a good deal.
1) I met a conservative Brit. Yes, you read correctly. And no, I don’t mean conservative in British terms, I mean conservative in American terms. I know, shocking.
2) I am wearing high heels today. Normally, this wouldn’t be a big deal, because, lets face it, I love heels. BUT, I haven’t worn heels in 10 weeks, since Obama’s inauguration night to be exact. That’s because I was in such a hurry to make it to class on time that night and see the actual inauguration that I sprinted across half of London in heels. To make a long story short, I had to take a cab home from class because I couldn’t step on my left foot due to shooting pains in my metatarsal. I self-diagnosed myself with metatarsalgia and haven’t worn high heeled shoes since. Today I pulled them out of storage and thanks to Dr. Scholl’s Party Heel inserts, I am loving my shoes again.
Ok, those probably aren’t too exciting to any of you, but they were both fairly huge events in my day.
Well, I’m off to snack on a kiwi. Camilla, my co-worker taught me how to cut one open with a spoon and eat it kind of like a cantaloupe. Quite the nice little treat. Plus they are only 30 p each at Sainsbury's. Talk about a good deal.
Love.
2 comments:
Libs, so glad to hear you are ingesting something with vitamins. (Kiwi) Hopefully, you will make it out of London without scurvy. Mrs. Willis could tell whether or not kiwis even have good levels of vitamin C, but I'm just happy you are eating someting besides DeMario's Pizza and the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese I brought over. Your trip to Greece should help with the vitamin D...don't forget the sunscreen! Love, Moo
Louis,
Did the heels happen to be the animal print pair i forced you to buy from target perchance? haha =) i have a sneaking suspicion. Also, i had kiwi for breakfast this morning and just thought i would share that for a cousin moment! i miss you and cant wait to see you again!
ps.. rabbit rabbit rabbit...NEXT month will be the month i say it first to everyone. It will!
Post a Comment