Today is St. Patrick’s Day. I went out of my way to wear green to work. That is a big deal. First of all, I don’t really wear much color and today I am wearing a bright green scarf. Secondly, I had to borrow this scarf from my flatmate.
I did this because I thought everyone else at work would also being wearing green. Again, it is St. Patrick ’s Day and I’m currently living mere miles from Ireland, in a country that is part of the United Kingdom. I thought St. Patty’s Day would be a big deal and rightfully celebrated.
Well, I couldn’t have been more wrong. There are two other people in the office wearing green. I actually think people purposefully didn’t wear green. The guy from Ireland five desks away from me is wearing all black. And for those that did, I think it was an accident. One is a guy who doesn’t seem like the type to get super into holidays and themes. The other is a girl who always wears eccentric outfits with crazy colors (quite unique for a Brit). I think her green is also on accident.
Oh well. I’m just going to keep wearing my green scarf with purpose. No one is pinching ME today! Good luck everybody else
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment