I'm currently watching the Superbowl via the BBC online broadcast. Let me just say this...it is hilarious. I'm sitting here actually laughing while watching the Superbowl. Well, I'm laughing now, I wasn't earlier. I'm not ashamed to say that I did tear up a little as Jennifer Hudson sang the national anthem. I mean, really, how great is our country? Being so far away really makes me miss it. You know what else I am missing? I really want some chips and salsa right now. And a Dr. Pepper. And some nachos. Basically, I wish I was at a Superbowl party. Instead, I am sitting in my flat watching the game on my computer. Gotta love the Internet though.
Here is the funniest part about all of this. I am forced to listen to British commentary. Yes, a little British man is attempting to explain "American football" to his entire country. Seriously wish you all could see/hear this right now. Best comment so far: (this was in reference to overturning the initial Steeler touchdown)
Question of the hour: Do I stay up and watch the game, or do I go to bed because I have to work in the morning?
Things to consider: It is already midnight here and not even end of 1st quarter. I don't get to see the commercials right now. The English commentator just said something else dumb (a lame joke about American football players).
Well, I think I have my answer.
Here is the funniest part about all of this. I am forced to listen to British commentary. Yes, a little British man is attempting to explain "American football" to his entire country. Seriously wish you all could see/hear this right now. Best comment so far: (this was in reference to overturning the initial Steeler touchdown)
British Commentator: So, help me get this straight. If any part of your body is touching the ground you are down?SERIOUSLY? If you are assigned to cover the SUPERBOWL, maybe you should understand FOOTBALL. And by football, I mean the basic rules. I think a four-year-old could do better coverage. Unfortunately, the other American commentators aren't doing much to help clarify. They got the job no one else wanted. They get to do commentary for the Brits while the rest of America watches the commercials. Yes, that is correct. We don't get to see the commercials. We get to listen to a confused Englishman along with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum attempt to do commentary. If it wasn't so incredibly hilarious I would be annoyed. Thankfully, I can watch the commercials online as well.
American Commentators: Um, yes. Other than your feet and hands, yes.
British Commentator: So your hands can touch the ground?
American Commentators: (Stifling laughter) Yes. Your hands can touch.
British Commentator: (to audience) For those of you viewing, you can click on the red box to your right and get a complete list of rules to better understand the game. Now, back to the game. Let's see how they fair.
Question of the hour: Do I stay up and watch the game, or do I go to bed because I have to work in the morning?
Things to consider: It is already midnight here and not even end of 1st quarter. I don't get to see the commercials right now. The English commentator just said something else dumb (a lame joke about American football players).
Well, I think I have my answer.
1 comment:
OMIGOSH that's it. london is where i belong. i bet i could have learned so much good football stuff! even the basic rules.... ahahah 4 year olds doing better... psh. remember who you're dealing with here. kay miss you byeee
Post a Comment