I leave for Mykonos, Greece, tomorrow afternoon.
Our hotel overlooks the sea and we are 200m from the beach (not sure how far that is, still don't know metric).
Here is the only problem: What the heck do I pack?
If you haven't caught on yet, I've been living in London for the past 3 months. It isn't exactly sunshine and beaches here. Although it has been exceptionally warm and sunny (all the windows in my flat are open right now), that doesn't mean I have summery clothing here. In fact, I didn't have a single summer dress or pair of flip flops until my Mom brought them during her visit. I know it isn't going to be 100 degrees in Greece, but it is supposed to be 70 and sunny the whole time. Plus, isn't it closer to the equator? That makes the sun more intense? Right? (I could be wrong - science isn't my forte).
Well, needless to say, I was forced to go shopping this week and buy appropriate clothing. However, there wasn't really a plethora of summer clothes out yet, so we had to make do with what they gave us.
Not sure what I'm more excited for...the bright green cover-up, or the hot pink gladiator sandals.
The Greeks aren't going to know what's hit them.
I'll let you know how the clothes all work out. I know you will be dying to find out.
In addition to our shopping struggles, I went to buy sunscreen today. I tend to burn around the edges. In Boots, the huge pharmacy here, there was one tiny stand in the back with one type of sunscreen for ...drumroll please.... FIFTEEN POUNDS! (That is about 23 dollars). I mean, I know no one here needs sunscreen, but don't people go on vacation. Ridiculous.
This tiny bottle of sunscreen better be the best I've ever used.
So, here's to crazy outfits and a burn-free week. Be back next Tuesday. If you don't hear from me, I'm just hiding out in Mykonos refusing to leave. It's a possibility.
Love.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment